Dienstag, 14. Februar 2012

green smoothie revisited

Normally I'm not that much into trends. I eat, wear and think what I consider to be the best. But sometimes, there is simply the challenge to try something new just because it sounds funny/nasty/groovy/geeky. This is where I and Green Smoothies come together. Last summer when I had to use HUGE amounts of organic fruit and veg, I tried different green smoothie recipes from a variety of vegan/health food websites, and they all turned out nasty. I have no clue why, but they all tasted like some strange viscous herbal infusion.
But this morning, again faced with piles of fresh fruit and veg from yesterday's organic action, I simply threw together what I had for a simple fruit smoothie and then spontaneously added some rocket. The result was STUNNING. AMAZING. YUMMERS!!!

Green Smoothie SPACE ROCKET
serves 2

1 big mellow apple
1 ripe banana
4 oranges or blood oranges (I took 2 each)
3 dried figs
1 Tbsp dried cranberries
1 little piece of fresh ginger (about 1x1 cm)
3 Tbsps soy yoghurt (optional)
2 big handful of fresh rocket
cress for decoration

Peel banana, orange and ginger. Cut all fresh fruit into big chunks and mix several times alongside with dried fruit. Wash rocket and add, mix again for a few times. Tadaaaah!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen